UT2Vote

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: UT2Vote

Post by Azarael » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:02 pm

ServerColor is in use on LDG1, as it and UT2Vote are the only ways to colour a server's name.

However, ServerColor won't work running multiple servers from the same System dir.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:20 pm

Izumo, where did you saw rage? Dont judge other people by your pathetic experience. If you all dont know other reasons for negative opinions except rage, that's your own problems. Study the life communication.

So where did you saw rage? I dont see that. I see quite sober view.

Or maybe that's just fashionable to call the grounded opinion 'rage' when you have no opposite arguments except silly 'I like it better'? Looks like it is. Shame.
ServerColor is in use on LDG1, as it and UT2Vote are the only ways to colour a server's name.
However, ServerColor won't work running multiple servers from the same System dir.
So you understood nothing. Or read only odd lines.
Well, if you like to think you know everything in a world, that's your right. Everybody are allowed to reject education.
Last edited by TheDejaVuPl@yer on Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:20 pm

*decompiles ServerColor to void the author's attempt to hide his source*

ServerColor.uc

Code: Select all

//================================================================================
// ServerColor.
//================================================================================

class ServerColor extends Mutator
  Config(ServerColor)
  HideCategories(Movement,Collision,Lighting,LightColor,Karma,Force);

var config string ServerName;
var config string MapColor;
var ServerColorActor SCA;

function PostBeginPlay ()
{
  SCA = Spawn(class'ServerColorActor');
  Super.PostBeginPlay();
}
ServerColorActor.uc

// ServerColorActor.

class ServerColorActor extends Info

var GameRules GRules;

function PostBeginPlay ()
{
  GRules = Spawn(Class'ServerColorInfo');
  if ( Level.Game.GameRulesModifiers == None )
    Level.Game.GameRulesModifiers = GRules; 
  else
    Level.Game.GameRulesModifiers.AddGameRules(GRules);

Super.PostBeginPlay(); 
}
ServerColorInfo.uc

// ServerColorInfo.

class ServerColorInfo extends GameRules

function GetServerDetails (out ServerResponseLine ServerState)
{
  local string sTemp;

if ( Class'ServerColor'.Default.ServerName != "" ) 
    ServerState.ServerName = Class'ServerColor'.Default.ServerName;
  else
    ServerState.ServerName = Level.Game.GameReplicationInfo.ServerName; 

if ( Class'ServerColor'.Default.MapColor != "" ) 
  {
    sTemp = ServerState.MapName;
    if ( Left(sTemp,1) != "" ) 
    {
      sTemp = Class'ServerColor'.Default.MapColor $ sTemp; 
      ServerState.MapName = sTemp;
    }
  }
}
Since both servers are using own ut2004.ini; just moving the config there should do the trick.
Izumo, where did you saw rage? Dont judge other people by yourself. If you all dont know other reasons for negative opinions except rage, that's your own problems. Study the life communication.

So where did you saw rage? I dont see that. I see quite sober view.

Or maybe that's just fashionable to call the grounded opinion 'rage' when you have no opposite arguments except silly 'I like it better'? Looks like it is. Shame.
Negative opinion is one thing, the attitude with which you say it as another thing. And you are not constructive at all.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:25 pm

Config(ServerColor)
ServerColor does not read from UT2004.ini, it reads from ServerColor.ini. However, I'm interested in how to decompile packages with stripped source.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:29 pm

OMG! Is that a truth? Is there really still some people left here that are able to think? Looks like there are some such people!
You are at the one of the right ways to solve that mega problem, Izumo. Develop your thought.
ServerColor does not read from UT2004.ini, it reads from ServerColor.ini.
So that was the thing that scared you so much! Pretty funny, ye, pretty funny...
You have here at least two really good experienced programmers (I thought three, but today I see only two). <-- That is the hint, if you didn't get it.
Last edited by TheDejaVuPl@yer on Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:30 pm

Azarael wrote:

Config(ServerColor)
ServerColor does not read from UT2004.ini, it reads from ServerColor.ini. However, I'm interested in how to decompile packages with stripped source.
I used UTPT 2.0 (beta 5); it can decompile pretty well. And yeah you have to delete that line so it's read from ut2004.ini.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:32 pm

Since UT2Vote implements the server name colouring while also being a superior mapvote solution, I think I would rather use UT2Vote on the UnWheel and ONS servers than edit someone else's code. I am fully aware of how to run multiple servers on one box and the -ini= switch on the command line. Cease to assume that everyone else is a fucking idiot and you are the only one who knows anything - sometimes I don't do things for a reason.

I edit other people's maps to do necessary work - such as optimisation, gameplay and graphical improvements. I will not touch someone else's work just because you are opposed to UT2Vote - which seems to be your attitude to pretty much everything that's suggested these days.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:33 pm

And you are not constructive at all
Oh, I'm sorry! I just wanted to force somebody here to THINK. Now I see that hints are too hard for you all and you need a chewing over every simple thing. OK, np, I will chew it for you further.

The funniest thing that really make me laugh that every body here, even the smartest people, start screaming 'RAAGGEEE!!!!' when they just dont understand what's going on :D

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:35 pm

Azarael wrote:Since UT2Vote implements the server name colouring while also being a superior mapvote solution, I think I would rather use UT2Vote on the UnWheel and ONS servers than edit someone else's code.
Yeah I agree with that; just here is an alternate way, should you cease to use UT2Vote.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:35 pm

Make one more ad hominem attack on anyone and you're going straight into the cooler. I'm getting sick and tired of reading every post from you filled with hatred when things aren't going your way and buttlicking when things are cool - and I am not the only one who's getting annoyed with it.

Now, onto what I was actually going to post when I came to this thread...

Advantages of UT2Vote over the standard mapvote

+ Graphical map previews are displayed.

+ Better GUI.

+ "Games" menu instead of dropdown box allows players who want Assault or Race when the other game is on to pool their votes together on the gametype instead of on separate maps, making it easier to break AS- or RACE- looping.

+ UT2Vote can disable maps from being shown under certain playercount conditions, avoiding heavy spam maps being voted at high playercounts and large maps being voted at low playercounts.

+ UT2Vote can also change server settings and mutators on a per-map basis.

+ When UT2Vote is in the startline, it immediately switches the server to its default gametype and mutator settings after a crash. This gives FTP admins access to the server's startup settings without the security risk of giving them root access, which is required to edit any of the servers' startup scripts.

+ Server colors across multiple servers without separate system directories (and without modifying someone else's code).

+ Chat logging without using UTChatLogger, on a per-map basis.

+ Server messages without SeligServerMessages or ServerMenuMutator, with better functionality.

+ Allows forcing from WebAdmin without fucking up UTComp.

Disadvantages of UT2Vote over the standard mapvote

- Midgame votes are extremely obtrusive, and require all players desiring a switch to vote within a 30-45 second timelimit.

- Maps that are unavailable simply do not show in the UT2Vote list, instead of being greyed out. Sequence numbers are also unavailable.

- Chat messages are cut off when the vote menu appears.

- UT2Vote defaults to the HOME key instead of X.