RGC Clan - UT2004 server

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
CrYsTaL

RGC Clan - UT2004 server

Post by CrYsTaL » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 6:06 pm

Hi All!

I was given your IP by one of our clan members. She told me that you have the new Ballistics Version 2.5 on your server. I have Ballistics on my server also, but an older version. I want to update it to the new version but have been unsuccessful in doing so.

Is there anything special that I should be doing when putting the mod into my server. I know there are 2 server packages lines I need to put in but my server won't start up when I add this mod. I have many, many game types on my server including JB and AS. I change them up all the time but I promised my clan I'd get the new Ballistics 2.5 version on the server but haven't been able to so far.

Any tips on making it work on my server? I would REALLY appreciate anyone's comments or help on this...We are an active clan in UT2004 and have been for about 6 years. I hate disappointing my regulars and clan members.....

Help, please? Thanks!

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: RGC Clan - UT2004 server

Post by Azarael » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 6:50 pm

Hi there, I maintain the BW server, but right now I'm in a bit of a hurry - I'll address your query in a couple of hours when I get back.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 9:54 pm

Is that ok to help potentially competitor server?

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 10:13 pm

i never saw a problem with it ;)

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 10:26 pm

Because its polite to help when someone asks for help.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

CrYsTaL

Post by CrYsTaL » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 11:08 pm

Azarael wrote:Hi there, I maintain the BW server, but right now I'm in a bit of a hurry - I'll address your query in a couple of hours when I get back.

Thanks so much! I will await your response.
:)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 28 Jun , 2011 11:43 pm

Okay.

Remove all your previous Ballistic V21 files from the server, and install the V25 package (I'm sure you know how to do this.)

Your serverpackages for this mod should be as follows, assuming you are not running any external mods like Kelly's bonus pack or Ballistic Pro.

ServerPackages=BCoreV25
ServerPackages=BallisticV25

Mutator names are the same as in Ballistic V21 except the package is now BallisticV25 - so BallisticV25.Mut_BallisticSwap etc.

To those wondering about helping potential competitors: It behooves none of us to hold back assistance where we can give it, as some day we may be in need of it ourselves.

CrYsTaL

Post by CrYsTaL » Wed 29 Jun , 2011 12:27 am

Azarael wrote:Okay.

Remove all your previous Ballistic V21 files from the server, and install the V25 package (I'm sure you know how to do this.)

Your serverpackages for this mod should be as follows, assuming you are not running any external mods like Kelly's bonus pack or Ballistic Pro.

ServerPackages=BCoreV25
ServerPackages=BallisticV25

Mutator names are the same as in Ballistic V21 except the package is now BallisticV25 - so BallisticV25.Mut_BallisticSwap etc.

To those wondering about helping potential competitors: It behooves none of us to hold back assistance where we can give it, as some day we may be in need of it ourselves.

Aha! That must be the key. I need to remove all the previous Ballistic V21 files from the server. I do not have any external mods like Kelly's bonus pack or Ballistic Pro so I'm hoping this will do the trick!

I will do this and let you know how I make out. I really appreciate your help on this. It's nice to know that UT2004 clans are still out there running servers and as helpful as you have been to me. I agree about helping others also. ALL UT2k4 gamers/admins/clans need to stick together. ;)

I'll keep you posted on how it turns out! Thanks again!!

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 29 Jun , 2011 1:42 pm

No problem, let me know.

CrYsTaL

Post by CrYsTaL » Thu 30 Jun , 2011 12:58 am

Ugh! I've tried and tried to get Ballistics V25 to work but nothing...... I removed all the previous versions and replaced with the new one but it won't work for me for some reason. I guess I'll have to just keep Ballistics V21 in there for now until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I just wanted to thank you for your help though. I really do appreciate it. :)