Bugreports

For posting your maps.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Bugreports

Post by iRobot » Wed 15 Oct , 2014 10:17 am

The unwheel textures, quite obviously, are very RACE orientated and make a lot of the maps look the part. Removing them would be the wrong move.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 15 Oct , 2014 12:21 pm

UnWheel.u, he said. Unless he's mistaken.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 15 Oct , 2014 1:43 pm

No he's correct, RainbowRace uses the UnWheel.u file for the rainbow shading in the static mesh track. It is possible that my other maps that use UnWheel meshes or textures are also dependent on that file. I'm not particularly happy that weeks of work is being denied to players based on a 2mb file.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 15 Oct , 2014 1:49 pm

Load the map, go to UnWheel in the Texture Browser, rename the assets to myLevel, save the map.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 15 Oct , 2014 3:17 pm

Its fixed and back in rotation. I also fixed the barrel alignments so they are not embedded in track. (It really bothered me)
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 15 Oct , 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks. Also btw. you could put some music to the maps (I know there is Jukebox in UTComp to play custom music for levels, but still :P).

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 15 Oct , 2014 3:40 pm

Izumo wrote:Thanks. Also btw. you could put some music to the maps (I know there is Jukebox in UTComp to play custom music for levels, but still :P).
We wanted to put some kirby music into map. But for the life of me I can't find were to install the music file in the ftp to allow it to be downloaded through jukebox.

Edit: I found the location. Is there anything special that has to be done other then setting the music name in maps level info and placing the .ogg file in the directory in ftp for it to show up in utcomp jukebox?
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 18 Oct , 2014 6:07 pm

Jukebox doesn't show the music directly, it only links to the download page (fixed it).

What I was saying is that many levels don't have music set to anything. Also some maps don't have any lighting done (Trials Mashup) on some parts, incl. skybox (use AngelZoneInfo for multiple skyboxes). It's something that takes you a few minutes and makes the map 200% better. ;)

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 18 Oct , 2014 11:18 pm

Izumo wrote:Jukebox doesn't show the music directly, it only links to the download page (fixed it).
Well I think Earl wants to use what was already set in the music (Kirby music) so it may require people to download it in order to get music for the map. I'll leave it to earl to decide on that. I'm in favor of kirby music.
Izumo wrote:Also some maps don't have any lighting done (Trials Mashup) on some parts, incl. skybox (use AngelZoneInfo for multiple skyboxes). It's something that takes you a few minutes and makes the map 200% better. ;)
Yah, um I did use angelzone info for my skyboxs. That's why when you play the map each room has a completely different skybox. Now as far as lighting. I just duplicated whatever the original author had in there settings and transferred it over to the anglezoneskybox info. I did modify the properties a little but they seemed ok. Also keep in mind these are just straight copy paste mash ups of trial maps into a single map with just the vehicle parts. I wasn't planning on revamping them with different skyboxs or lighting unless it was completely critical. Although once I finish up all the trial mashups initial convert I might consider going back and revamp on select maps.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 19 Oct , 2014 12:10 am

I'll edit in some music, no problem. Although my music taste is pretty terrible!
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”