Few guys requests some prophylaxy bans

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Few guys requests some prophylaxy bans

Post by Azarael » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 3:01 am

:) Appreciated.

Back when we had only 1 server (the current #1) I used to watch that server a lot, because we had problems with glitchers and similar. However, #3 occupies the vast majority of my attention these days and I've gradually lost interest in moderating server #1. If server #1 is having some problems, it might be worth appointing a moderator for it.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 11:25 am

Keep in mind that admins have other things to do. I usually watch #1 in webadmin. But I don't think the situation is that bad.

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 12:03 pm

can't such be remote triggered on all 4 servers, where we say "adminneeded" (w/out changing name) to allert some admins to assist?

or what about the use of a the IRC reporter bot? (read only), so everyone/admins can basically track anything what is said.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 3:06 pm

Maybe you could give the ability to mute someone to a few players....they could post a screenshot with a short report in the forum and later a admin decides the further procedure
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 4:51 pm

Last autumn I have posted here two chatlog mutators, one of which can export game chat to html right after each game finished. So I remind again that we can make a page that will have the links to all the chatlogs past few months for example.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 5:39 pm

We do have chatlogging, it's however private at the moment.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 5:44 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Keep in mind that admins have other things to do. I usually watch #1 in webadmin. But I don't think the situation is that bad.
I agree with this. I also play quite a lot but I can't be on all the time (Aza is an extraterrestrial :P).
PALADIN wrote:Last autumn I have posted here two chatlog mutators, one of which can export game chat to html right after each game finished. So I remind again that we can make a page that will have the links to all the chatlogs past few months for example.
I don't want to spend hours to read the chatlogs every days. Keep on reporting the things you see if you want but please, stop telling us what to do (the "suggestion" part of your reports). We're old enough to know what to do.

The "admin needed" stuff: why not, like on jolt. I often look at who is playing through xfire, so if you change your name to admin needed I may see it.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 6:20 pm

I dont suggest you to read all that stuff. I just suggest to make it available for all. Then if somebody noted some rules violation he can easily proove that just by pointing on a sertain log/time. I think this will be much easier than I currently do to create these reports by watching the long demo untill the moment I have noted something to make screenshots plus everyone could do that too then.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 6:51 pm

Well if you write the map and approx time (GMT +1) of the match then it's no real problem to look it up in chatlog.
bOnO wrote:The "admin needed" stuff: why not, like on jolt. I often look at who is playing through xfire, so if you change your name to admin needed I may see it.
Well the admin side of the IRC reporter is that admins are connected to IRC channel (usually through BNC, which I can install on LDG) and when sbdy changes nick to admin_needed, you'll get poked. Well I suggest to discuss this part in private :p

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Thu 10 Nov , 2011 6:53 pm

giZmo wrote:What i dont understand is why there is nobody looking after the #1 server. For example Azarael (i dont know how) seems to watch 24 hours over the server. Yesterday morning
we had a kid on the server saying bad words i dont want to write but 5 minutes later he was banned.
Izumo_CZ wrote:Keep in mind that admins have other things to do. I usually watch #1 in webadmin. But I don't think the situation is that bad.
Guys i think you got me wrong i didn´t wanna blame you. I just wanted to show that atm #3 seems to be more under control than #1......but it´s more likely that we
generally have a lower troll appereance.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."