Ballistic Bro Changelogs Discussion

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Re: Ballistic Bro Changelogs Discussion

Post by CaptainXavious » Wed 19 Aug , 2015 8:10 pm

Click to thaw: when you are at 100% thaw, press fire to actually get back into play. This allows you to prevent getting thawed at the worst possible moment and instead give you flexibility on when to redeploy.

Also, did someone say they actually wanted more weapons? But... that would introduce new playstyles that people will refuse to adapt to, instead whining until whatever new playstyle that shows up is nerfed to uselessness.

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Wed 19 Aug , 2015 10:09 pm

Constant whining is better than the endless assault rifle fest. The amount of tears barely matters as well, since Aza analyzes the gameplay himself, instead of blindly relying on complaints. Scrolling back will reveal pages and pages of nanoblame, but there also was an unfortunate thaw yesterday. The next-day update covers only one issue ;'D'D

As long as its not decided by the size of forum posts, we are safe.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 19 Aug , 2015 11:11 pm

Please remove the XMV. Why do we still have a standard loadout weapon that deals an almost instantaneous death half a second after your sight it? Which deals 72 damage on a headshot despite being a machinegun? Which deals more damage per single shot than an average assault rifle whilst firing 10 times as quickly? It's been ruining my experience of BW for the past year, and I have ran out of patience. It's boring.

Click to thaw is an excellent idea however.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 19 Aug , 2015 11:30 pm

Can you record a demo of the minigun being used this way or anything that would back up the claim beyond it boring you? Merely a request as your figures are all incorrect regarding fire rate and damage.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 19 Aug , 2015 11:46 pm

I really do not have the patience to be patronised by an inactive player. Feel free to jump in game some time and test it out. Suffice to say you won't find me joining you.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 19 Aug , 2015 11:49 pm

I do not need to be an active player to request a little evidence to claims about a weapon being overpowered. Statements like yours just highlight that it is saltiness talking rather than logic.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 20 Aug , 2015 12:01 am

Yes, I am bitter. My post 2 pages ago affirms this. Bitterly disappointed with the attitudes of certain players in this community. I made the exact complaint about the XMV a couple of months ago. If you want evidence, join and watch this magnificent mechanical death machine at work. If you want evidence, I seem to recall a rather snazzy video being shown on the forum a few months ago. The stats can be found ingame as well, without the small embellishments I added.I assure you, a 72 damage headshot is not uncommon.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 20 Aug , 2015 12:11 am

DamagePopup combines hits on the same tick into a single value. The XMV's base damage is 25.

Rymosrac
Revolver Ocelot

Post by Rymosrac » Thu 20 Aug , 2015 12:12 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Which deals 72 damage on a headshot
You know what's cool? MATHS! ITS SO COOL EVEN AN AMERICAN CAN PLURALIZE IT

XMV damage max: 25
HS multiplier: 1.5
25 * 1.5 = 37.5
37.5 < 72

srsly srsly srsly facepalm

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:deals more damage per single shot than an average assault rifle
Average AR damage = 26
XMV Damage is still = 25
Spoiler alert: 25 < 26 omg rugeblack_face omg rugeblack_face

hol up son we ain't done yet
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:whilst firing 10 times as quickly?
'Whilst' is a pretty cool word, but it can't save you from being this dumb.
Even back in the day the old XMV only shot at 3600 RPM. Now it's limited to a paltry 2400 RPM, and even then only while deployed. But let's assume these XMVkiddies are using 1337 T1/\/\3H4xXx to use the old one against you. That's still only SIX (not ten! Less than ten! Not much more than half of ten!) times the firerate of even the slower AR's, which shoot around 600rpm. Don't believe me? Ask a calculator. Or your mother.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:72 damage headshot is not uncommon
Don't believe everything the damage popup tells you, it'll add two shots together at high RoF.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 20 Aug , 2015 12:19 am

Rymosrac that was very immature. You should apologize...

D=