The general concept of EFR

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Re: The general concept of EFR

Post by giZmo » Mon 12 May , 2014 3:42 pm

EFR is only necessary if there is a ranking/skilltable. Remove it and the problem is completly solved. I wonder how ppl survived 10 years of stock ut without a skillsystem.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

SageOfSixPaths

Post by SageOfSixPaths » Mon 12 May , 2014 10:25 pm

I'm entirely with gizmo on this one; remove the skill from ingame and solely use it for the purpose it was originally developed for..the balancer.

reload

Post by reload » Mon 12 May , 2014 11:03 pm

But I like the skill system. How else will I know if I've been improving or not?

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Mon 12 May , 2014 11:07 pm

reload wrote:But I like the skill system. How else will I know if I've been improving or not?
Ballistic Pro Ladder
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 13 May , 2014 12:01 am

giZmo wrote:
reload wrote:But I like the skill system. How else will I know if I've been improving or not?
Ballistic Pro Ladder
there is anyway the skill, just not seen in game?... hilarious, you don't know when you play good or bad... if you going to remove it, remove also the ladder..
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Spin

Post by Spin » Tue 13 May , 2014 12:43 am

giZmo wrote:For one last time i try to suggest that the skill is completly removed from ingame and just used for the balancer.
And those who care about their skill and need to pint it on the refrigerator can still use the skilltable on forum.
That

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Tue 13 May , 2014 12:52 am

Butcher wrote:there is anyway the skill, just not seen in game?... hilarious, you don't know when you play good or bad... if you going to remove it, remove also the ladder..
One can easily know if one plays well without looking at the skill. The net tells you how many deaths/kills you have had. One's own experience should lead to think whether one played bad or not in terms of the net.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 13 May , 2014 9:40 am

If I remember correctly, EFR was explicitly allowed to be used at will (aside from exploiting). Non V.I.P.s can't EFR in peak hours.

EDIT: This is the announcement post: http://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?p=13650#p13650, don't recall discussion when it was live (two month later or so fts )
Izumo_CZ wrote:- ability to exclude yourself from ranking from the current match, for whatever reason you want (tired, wanting to try other guns, etc.)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 13 May , 2014 10:22 am

What if your first 3 matches of the day could not be EFR'd?

This would prevent abuse of people dodging all tracking entirely, but still allow its use for testing.

It would also provide fresh data for each player daily (or whenever they play) for the balancer to use.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Tue 13 May , 2014 10:36 am

just remove it or only available when a new weapon is up, but as i said, if removed then for everyone and not admins can still do it.